2019 Poetry Competition
Our judges take please in announcing the names of the poets who were selected by our external judges as finalists in this year’s Poetry Competition – The Heart of The Moon
Jane De Sousa
Tanita da Silva
Zu Rayday Fortuin
Zindi van Zyl
Hope to see you at the Prize giving Friday 23rd of August at 17h00
The theme of this year’s poetry writing competition is The Heart of The Moon.
Entries are invited in 2 categories as follows:
- Junior Category for children and teenagers under the age of 18.
Prizes: First prize of R2500 and a runner-up prize of R500.
- Adult Category – entrants must be over the age of 18.
Prizes: First prize of R5000; runner-up prize of R2500 and highly commended prize of R500
- this competition is open to everyone (published and unpublished poets)
- only one entry per person will be permitted
- poems should be not exceed 24 lines
- entries may be in English or Afrikaans
- closing date for entries is the 30th June 2019.
- finalists will be informed by the 31st of July to give time to attend the prize giving if you wish to (this is optional but finalists who are able to attend will be given free entry to all events).
- the winners will be announced during the Poetry in McGregor Weekend (23 to 25 August) and the winning poems read by an accomplished poet
- the winning poems may be included in the 2019 Poetry in McGregor anthology
- entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to Temenos (corner Voortrekker and Bree Streets, McGregor)
- please note that there will be no correspondence entered into whatsoever and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged
- Details to be included: Name, Contact details, ID Number and Category selected. Entries will be automatically disqualified if any of this information is missing