POETRY in McGREGOR Festival 2019
The theme this year is: The Heart of the Moon
The last seven years exemplified SUN energy, the bold and active force essential to turn a vision into reality. Now, due to circumstances – neither necessarily good nor bad – we are hoping to move the Festival into a deepening intimacy. More trusting and surrendering.
The moon is a feminine symbol reminding us to connect and live in harmony with cycles. By connecting to and trusting these cycles we can better understand ourselves and our motivations. Each cycle has its own benefits and gifts which we can use to gain more knowledge and wisdom.
It is our intention to celebrate and deepen what we have – a happy gathering of poets and poetry lovers in a relaxed and welcoming ambience. In order to harness our resources we have cut back on the number of venues and chosen venues that are close together for easy access. Poets wishing to participate are invited to submit a proposal/s with the following suggestions in mind:
- poets who have a new body of work are welcome to read their poetry with one or two other poets with a similar intention. Poets are invited, if possible, to team up with one or two of their associates or companions
- published poets who wish to present their poetry are welcome to join other poets in a combined event. Each poet could have 10 – 15 minutes
- should you not have a substantial body of work but would like to read 5 or 6 poems, we could place you with other poets who would like this opportunity
- poets are welcome to arrange discussion groups with other poets. This was a huge success last year
- there will be a number of Open Mic sessions – participation is available to anyone who would like to read a poem or two. No submissions are necessary for this. Just come along!
- poets wishing to offer a presentation requiring audio visual material are reminded that we do not have any lighting or sound equipment, so you need to provide your own and manage this yourself – we do not have sound or lighting engineers to assist
- poets are asked to take care of their own accommodation bookings. Our village offers a wide range of accommodation various options are available on our website: https://poetryinmcgregor.co.za/2019-where-to-stay-and-eat/
The closing date is the 31st of May 2019
You will be notified if you have been included in our programme by the 30th of June.