McGregor Arts Community Project (MACP) is a voluntary association which is a registered non-profit organisation (NPO), registration number 151-551, in accordance with the laws of South Africa. We have our registered address at PO Box 361, McGregor, 6708, South Africa.
We are the “responsible party” for purposes of POPIA and other applicable data protection legislation in respect of all personal information you submit to us via our website (www.poetryinmcgregor.co.za), our social media and other related URLs, and/or any ancillary services and/or in any visit, correspondence and/or communication with us.
In order for us to engage with you, you will have to share information with us. It is important that you trust us to protect it and keep it confidential.
As a NPO we take the issues of privacy, data protection, confidentiality and the protection of intellectual property very seriously. We also know how important confidentiality and privilege is to you.
We respect your privacy and will protect your personal information by taking the following steps:
- we will treat your personal information as strictly confidential
- we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal Information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access
- we will promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information
- upon your request, we will promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control
- we undertake not to keep your personal Information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us keeping the information for a longer period
- THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you wish to participate in any MACP events or membership groups you may complete any number of forms (for example participating in Poetry in McGregor, launching a book at Poetry in McGregor and joining friends of Poetry in McGregor). The information required will. Include, for example, your name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
To send you a quote or invoice you, we might collect your publicly available personal information from the Internet. For example, your address or VAT registration number.
When you use the Website, we may collect certain information that is not personal information such as your operating system, browser type, and Internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
We may collect, process and store the following information (which may include personal information) about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website
- information about your device software and hardware, including the unique internet mobile equipment identity (IMEI), number of your mobile telephone, the unique integrated circuit card identity (ICCID) number of your SIM cards in your device, your email address, personal internet protocol (IP) address, and mobile phone number
- your geographic location information based on your mobile network operator’s tower details, GPS (Global Positioning System) and/or WIFI communications network location
- the date and time, country and the IP address of the device from which you connect to our Website
- information that we may ask you for if you report a problem with our Website
- details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
We may also collect information (which may include personal information) that our Website users provide, such as new or deleted comments and keyword searches.
The supply of your personal information is voluntary; however, you acknowledge that we cannot make certain services available to you on the Website if you do not wish to supply such personal information.
We may use a third-party company to monitor website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information, including the personal information you submit to such third parties.
- HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 Use of your information
We may use your personal information:
- to verify and keep a record of your identity
- to respond to your enquiries/provide you with information you request
- to invite you to attend events we hold
- to process your wish to participate in Poetry in McGregor
- to process your wish to purchase tickets for Poetry in McGregor
- to process your wish to join Friends of Poetry in McGregor
- with your express consent, to add your name and email address to our mailing list so that you can receive news about Poetry in McGregor
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or mobile device
- to monitor and analyse the conduct on the Website to ensure compliance with laws, reduce the likelihood of fraud and other risk-prevention purposes
- in aggregate form, for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic and marketing plans
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, when you choose to do so
- to carry out any contracts that may form between us
We may also use information provided by you to:
- enforce agreements and terms and conditions between us, monitor user activity, such as keyword searches or new postings, and more effectively manage traffic on the Website
- assist you with technical difficulties.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose (other than as stated above) without your express consent.
4.2 Disclosure of your information
- required to comply with applicable law, order of court or legal process served on MACP; and/or
- disclosure is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of MACP.
We will be entitled to disclose your personal information to our agents, advisors, employees and/or third-party service providers and suppliers (including payment providers) who assist us to interact with you via our Website, mobile communications and/or email, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us and to communicate with you properly and efficiently.
We will ensure that all such employees and/or third-party service providers having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will do our best to protect your personal information, and we will use technology that will help us to do this. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your information to our Website is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features such as encryption and locking of computers to try to prevent unauthorised access. We also backup your personal information regularly.
We will ensure that all hard-copy documents are kept in a secure office with access limited to those Board and staff members who require access for the purposes of running MACP.
In order to give you a more user-friendly experience on our Website and improve your future visits we may collect information about your computer using cookies. “Cookies” are small text files transferred by a web server to your hard drive and thereafter stored on your computer. The types of information a Cookie collects include the date and time you visited the Website, your browsing history, your preferences, and your username.
This information includes, where available:
- your operating system
- browser type
- third-party software installed on your device
- installation and uninstallation rates
- the language of your device and computers manufacturer
- screen size and model of the device
- any other technical information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- EMAIL INSPECTION
We will inspect all emails you contact us with via the email addresses that we provide on this website. We do this to check for viruses, and reserve the right to monitor and inspect all material and information transmitted over our system. We may also monitor whether you read emails that we send you.
- THIRD PARTIES
We may use third-party service providers to monitor our users’ interests. In addition, the Website may occasionally contain links to third-party websites. If you click on the links to third-party websites, you leave the Website.
You agree that we are not liable for any of the following:
- the content, security, operation, use, accuracy or completeness of any such third-party websites; or the products or services that may be offered or obtained through them; or the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information obtained from a third-party website
- the ownership or right of use of any licensor of any software provided through any third-party website
- any content featured on third-party website that are accessed through the links found on the Website
- any failure or problem that affects the products or services of a third-party website, for example any telecommunication service provider, internet service provider, electricity supplier, local or other authority.
If you provide information to MACP, you:
- warrant that all information (including personal information) that you provide to us is accurate, truthful and current information
- undertake not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything
- acknowledge that we may verify your identity and your personal information through an automated email verification process and/or with third party service providers.
- NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We do not knowingly collect personal information of children. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use our Website without the consent of your legal guardian.
- CONTACT US
You have the right to access, review and correct personal information that you have provided to us, or to object to our use of your information. You can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also send you any legally required notifications and other notifications, including but not limited to, service related notices (for example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Website).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator if you think we are in breach of any applicable data protection legislation.